Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cynthia Hampton and John Ensign Affair


Conservative Republican Nevada Senator John Ensign has confessed to having an affair with a married woman, who is reportedly 46 year-old campaign staffer, Cynthia Hampton (not Cindy Hampton!!).

John decided to go public about the affair because of blackmail threat, saying it was the worst mistake of his life and begs his wife, Darlene Ensign, for forgiveness on a special news conference in Las Vegas on Tuesday.

Sen. John Ensign said, “I will not mention any names but the woman who I was involved with and her husband were close friends and both of them worked for me. Our families were close. That closeness put me into situations which led to my inappropriate behavior. We caused deep pain to both families and for that I am sorry.”

Cynthia’s husband Douglas Hampton served as Ensign’s administrative assistant in his personal office from November 2006 to May 2008 while John and Cynthia had a steamy affair. Both Cynthia and Douglas no longer work for Senator Ensign.

No comments:

Post a Comment